June 11, 2010

World Cup, Big Baby, and a few Scumbags


Just watched my first World Cup action of 2010. Gotta say I'm pretty excited to watch the WC this year, just as I loved watching the Euro Cup a few years ago. Although, thanks to the 'stool, I did here one interesting quote. Some soccer dolt on ESPN saying that US-England soccer is "like Celtics-Lakers magnified times ten." I'm still not sure what went through that guys head when he said that. For one, nobody cares about soccer in the US. Secondly, soccer is everything in Europe. Why would England consider us to be their rivals when we could give a shit? Thirdly, it's such a lopsided matchup! US soccer never has been, nor ever will be, on the same level of England. Not only should this guy feel stupid for calling it the Celts-Lakers ten fold, but he should be embarrassed for even calling it a rivalry! Soccer, excuse me, futbol fans in the UK must be in outrage over this. Where does that guy get off putting US soccer up on the same level as England soccer? And El Pres had it right about Mike Tirico. They guy must have broken several ribs and burst a lung or something trying to hold a laugh in.

Now it's time for the Celtics, I guess. Caught the fourth quarter of last nights game, which is mostly what I do during the playoffs since I can't stomach it to watch a full 48 minutes. But I started watching the game and noticed that Doc had put 'Sheed, T.A, Baby, and Donkey on the floor at the same time in a must win game in the fourth quarter when TRAILING! It doesn't take a genius to notice that there is something wrong there. But then, of course, I was proven wrong, probably like everybody else, when Baby took over and the Celtics bench was beating the hell out of the Hairy Spanish Rapists (gonna pitch that to Donald Sterns for the Lakers new name). Anyway, yea, Doc plays the bench for the first seven to eight minutes or so of the fourth quarter and they won the fucking game because of it! Maybe coaching does matter a little in the NBA? Probably not, but I guess this is a step in the right direction.

Another note from the Celts game was when Pierce clobbered whoever that black ref was. Eddie Rush? I've heard that that guy absolutely sucks at officiating games, so maybe it's a good thing Pierce gave him a stiff hook. But the best part of it is that Rush managed to shake it off. John Buccigross put it perfectly on SC today, when he said that if Rush had punched Pierce, that Paul would have had to have spent a few hours in Mass General before returning to the game. Good thing the referees in the NBA are tougher than the players!

While we're on the subject of the C's...it was a must-win game for them on Thursday night and they took care of business. But you have to figure that Sunday night's game also falls into the category of must-wins. I'm not a basketball expert, but I can only imagine that beating LA two games in a row in Los Angeles is no easy task. If Boston wants to see a parade in a few weeks, Baby and Co. are gonna have to deliver again in Game 5.

Sorry to have to put you all through three paragraphs of meaningless Celtics banter...onto the next subject. I can't think of a more fitting thing to happen to that scumbag loser Lane Kiffin. Guy goes to Tennessee for one year, declares he's better than Urban Meyer and will crush Florida, ends up sucking, and then says..."Hey, I've done my work here, I'll move-on to Southern California and I'll bring my hot wife with me." Yea? Well suck on this, Lane. A two-year playoff ban, four years of probation, and a loss of 30 scholarships! I bet the knuckleheads over at Tennessee and all the Volunteer fans are having the last laugh now you piece of garbage! It fits so well, doesn't it? Can't wait to see what type of team you'll be able to put together at USC Mr. Kiffin, especially without you're "recent" Bowl-successes and the loss of those thirty scholarships. Over under 13 months before he calls it quits?

I'll end with a second scumbag...Ben Roethlisberger. Just saw on the ESPN side-ticker thingy that he has attributed is indiscretions to him being "young" and "immature." Young as in 3 months ago? He must have changed so much since then! I hope Mr. Goodell sees through to the outstanding person Big Ben has become! But seriously, Ben, just admit it. You only rape chicks because you are ugly as sin and have the body-fat index mirroring that of your Left Tackle. You rape them because it's the only way for you! It's got nothin' to do with your youth or immaturity, it's got to do with desperation! And, best part, you are only gettin' older, pal. Good luck raping chicks when your skin is all wrinkly and you're only means of transportation is a Rascal Power Chair.

1 comment:

  1. Old Guy: Hey hey! you dented my ride
    George: What you got there the 4 volt, heh heh, I did you a favor.
    Old Guy: How about I do you a favor upside your head

    ReplyDelete